As our practices evolve, we may update this Policy and will alert you that changes have been made by indicating the date it was last updated at the bottom of the Policy. We also encourage you to periodically review this Policy. By continuing to use the Advancing Equality Calculator™ after any changes to our Policy are made, you are consenting to these changes. This Policy does not govern your offline activities. Also, please keep in mind that this Policy only applies to the Advancing Equality Calculator™ and not any third-party websites whose links we might include in the Advancing Equality Calculator™. Please check those third party sites for information on their privacy practices.
Types of Data We Collect
- We try to limit the data we collect and, when possible, delete or anonymize it. Typically, data containing any personally identifiable information comes directly and voluntarily from you. Data that contains your “personal information” refers to information that directly identifies you or information that can be used to personally identify you. We also collect information from you automatically when you access the Advancing Equality Calculator™, also referred to as “passive data collection.” Finally, we may receive information about you from other sources, such as third party market research partners. All these data collection practices are described more fully below: Information and Content Provided Directly and Voluntarily by You: We collect and use personal information you provide to us, at your sole discretion, when you choose to access or use the Advancing Equality Calculator™. For instance, you may choose to provide your name, contact information (e.g., first name, last name, email address) employer, title, industry, company name and financial information, where applicable.
- Passive Data Collected from Your Interactions with the Advancing Equality Calculator™: We automatically collect information while you are visiting or interacting with the Advancing Equality Calculator™. This passive data collection practice does not include collection of information identifying you personally. Rather, it collects and aggregates data on user and visitor activity (“Aggregated Information”), for instance, information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Advancing Equality Calculator™, including operating system, hardware model, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, mobile network information, and crash data. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you are using.
- What types of technologies do we use? We may use different technologies to collect Aggregated Information, including cookies, web beacons, software development kits (SDKs, and similar technologies, where necessary, to provide functionality and recognize user preferences. A “cookie” is a small piece of data stored on your device that remembers information about your activity. Similarly, a “web beacon” is a small file stored online that monitors your usage of our site. SDK tools help the tech on the user’s existing device access and use the Advancing Equality Calculator™. All of these technologies help us improve the Advancing Equality Calculator™ and the user’s experience of and access to features of the Advancing Equality Calculator™.
- How can you opt-out? Check your browser settings to determine if and where cookies are stored and whether and how they may be deleted. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all features of the Advancing Equality Calculator™.
- Information We Receive from Third-Party Sources: If you access the Advancing Equality Calculator™ through a social media site or other site or service to share information with us, we may have access to certain information from that site or service, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media or site or service. We may also receive information about you and your activities from third-party advertising and market research partners, who provide us with information about our users interests and their engagement with the Advancing Equality Calculator™.
How we use the data we collect
- How we use the data we collect largely depends on how our users access and use the Advancing Equality Calculator™. We may use the data we collect to: Create an account for you on the Advancing Equality Calculator™;
- Provide the Advancing Equality Calculator™ service and information to you, as described on the Advancing Equality Calculator™;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Advancing Equality Calculator™;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraud or other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of FQ and others;
- Personalize and improve the Advancing Equality Calculator™;
- Communicate with you, including responding to messages and providing customer service;
- Respond to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- Aggregate user information, which aggregated information will not be specifically identifiable to a user (“Aggregated Information”), but we will not share, license or sell said Aggregated Information with third-parties;
- Send notices, updates, newsletters or news regarding the Advancing Equality Calculator™ to you about products, services, offers, and events offered by FQ and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; and provide such data; or
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
How Data is Shared
We not share personal identifiable information (i.e., information that can personally identify you like your name, address, user name, and email address) with third-party companies, organizations, or individuals. To help us operate, deliver, develop, market, personalize and improve the Advancing Equality Calculator™, we may share data with trusted businesses, affiliates and persons so they can: (1) process the data and show user trends about the general use of the Advancing Equality Calculator™, (2) analyze the data to understand our users behaviors, preferences and interests, and (3) utilize the data as necessary to support the functionality and technical infrastructure of the Advancing Equality Calculator™, including fraud prevention. We might also be forced to share all or some of our collected data with law enforcement in response to legal requests. We may also disclose all or some of the collected data as part of a corporate business transaction, merger, acquisition or sale of our business. If you choose to share your information publicly, it is no longer in our control. We do not sell personal information to third-parties.
How Data is Protected
Our data is not publicly accessible. Additionally, all data transmitted to and from the Advancing Equality Calculator™, when and where applicable, is encrypted using industry standard security measures. Access to the Advancing Equality Calculator™ is secured over a HTTPS protocol with a strong SSL Certificate. All connections and transferred data is encrypted. We have a strong password policy for accessing your Advancing Equality Calculator™ account, and your password is stored in a hashed format using algorithms and iterations to ensure maximum security. We also have Two Step Authentication to maximize security.
We store data as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. The Advancing Equality Calculator™ is based in the United States and we process and store information in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure our data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. We will retain certain data as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, including cached or archived data.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights and protections regarding our processing of data containing your personal information. By using the Advancing Equality Calculator™, you consent to the data collection practices described in this Policy. But as a resident of the EEA, you have the right to change your mind at any time, though this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. This may also mean no longer using the Advancing Equality Calculator™. EEA residents can request access to data we have containing personal information and, if applicable, ask it be corrected, erased, or transferred. Refer to the “Contact Us” section below for information on where to submit requests of this nature.
Notice to California Residents of California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
This California Privacy Notice is for California residents and supplements this Policy. Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request disclosure of any personal information we may have collected;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request deletion of any personal information we may have collected;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To request disclosure or deletion of any personal information you believe may have been collected and saved by us, please contact us in writing at the email or physical address indicated below in the “Contact Us” section. Note that, to protect the privacy rights of our users, we will need to verify your identity before processing your request.
Our site is intended for professionals and/or individuals over eighteen (18) years of age. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
Any dispute relating to this Policy will be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California. Any dispute relating to this Policy will be resolved in the federal courts of the central district of California.
Thank you for taking the time to read our Policy. You can contact us via email at email@example.com.
You can also utilize direct mail to the following postal address:
12575 Beatrice Street
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Last Updated: December 23, 2020